Township Employment Opportunities
Bookkeeping Specialist (Part-Time)
Reports to: Clerk
Hourly Rate: $18.00 - $20.00/hr – DOQ
Position Summary: The Bookkeeping Specialist reports to the Township Clerk and works to perform a variety of administrative and clerical functions relating to Elections, Check Processing, General Ledger, Reconciliations, Audit Reports, and processing of W2’s and 1099’s. The position requires a high degree of accuracy and excellent organizational and computer skills. This is a part-time position (Approx. 20-25 hrs/wk) and would require additional availability during elections and other seasons where coverage in the department may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are illustrative and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Work closely with Township Clerk and Deputy Clerk in all aspects of the Clerk Department;
- Use of bookkeeping and accounting skills in BS&A software to manage chart of accounts, reconciliations, worker’s compensation reporting and journal entries;
- Assist Clerks office during elections;
- Work closely with Township auditors on a regular basis;
- Gather pertinent information for bi-weekly Board Packets;
- Excellent work ethic and customer service toward both internal colleagues and residential customers.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Office. Experience with BS&A software highly preferred;
- At least 2-year’s experience as a bookkeeper for small business or government entities with knowledge in accounting, finance or other related fields;
- ·Ability to exercise good judgment, take initiative and be resourceful in dealing with the public, elected officials, and other employees;
- Excellence in attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- A valid State of Michigan driver’s license;
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Please submit resume and cover letter by following this link:
GCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Area Employment Opportunities
The Brighton Area Fire Authority is accepting applications for the position of paid-on-call Firefighter at all five of our stations. The department is looking for community minded residents that are interested in helping serve the community in which they live.
No training is required to apply, although applicants must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, a valid Michigan Driver's license and live within Brighton Township, Genoa Township or the City of Brighton.
How to Apply
Applications are available at Station 31 at 615 W. Grand River avenue or can be downloaded at www.brightonareafire.com. The Brighton Area Fire Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information call Anne Campbell at Brighton Area Fire Department at 810 229-6640 ext 24.