November 20, 2023
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
November 20, 2023
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: November 20, 2023
2. Request to approve November 6, 2023 regular meeting minutes.
3. Request to continue the use of the 2|42 Church as a polling place for Precinct 8.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
4. Consideration of a request to approve the bid and authorize the Supervisor to sign the contract documents with D’Angelo Brothers Construction, Inc. for the force main installation associated with the Lake Edgewood to Genoa-Oceola Wastewater Treatment Plant Consolidation project as recommended by the Utility Director.
5. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of an environmental impact assessment related to the sketch plan for proposed bike trails located at the Fillmore Park. The park is located at 7075 McClements, northwest corner of McClements and Kellogg Roads. The request is petitioned by the Livingston County Planning Department.
6. Request for introduction of the proposed rezoning ordinance number Z-23-04 and to set the meeting date to consider adoption before the Township Board on Monday, December 4, 2023. The request is to rezone property at 4675 Grand River Avenue from Neighborhood Service District (NSD) to General Commercial District (GCD) to allow for trailer sales and storage. The property consists of two contiguous parcels (4711-09-200-006 and 008) located on the north side of Grand River Avenue, west of Boulevard Drive. The request is petitioned by Desine, Inc.
7. Request for approval of the Professional Services Agreement with SAFEbuilt Michigan, LLC for ongoing Planning and Zoning consultant support services.
8. Consideration of amendments to the Fiscal Year 2023/2024 Budget as follows:
A. Increase Parks and Recreation Fund 208, Department 536 – “Land for Recreation” Line Item 208-536-972-100 from $681,000 to $1,055,018.
B. Decrease Road Improvement Fund 401, Department 446 – “Road Projects” to zero ($0) the gravel and limestone road projects for Kellogg, Euler and McClements Roads (401-446-812-002, 003, 004 & 005).
9. Delivery of the first draft of the 2024/2025 Budget as required by MCL 42.24 as provided by the Township Supervisor. (packet was delivered on 11/16/23)
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.