November 6, 2023
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
November 6, 2023
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: November 6, 2023
2. Request to approve October 16, 2023 regular meeting minutes.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
3. Consideration of a request for approval of the proposed 2024 Employee Benefit Plan as presented by Human Resources Manager, Kim Lane.
4. Consideration of recommendation for approval of special land use application, environmental impact assessment and sketch plan to allow for a proposed Bed and Breakfast located at 7854 Collingwood Drive, just west of Grand River Avenue. The request is petitioned by Nazmiye Yapici.
A. Disposition of Special Use
B. Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment (10-31-23)
C. Disposition of Sketch Plan (10-31-23)
5. Request for approval to appoint Jeff Dhaenens to the Planning Commission with a term ending 11/20/24 and to re-appoint Jean Ledford to the Zoning Board of Appeals with a term ending 11/20/24 as recommended by the Township Supervisor.
6. Request for amendments to the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget for Fund #101 – Elections as requested by the Township Clerk as follows:
A. Increase line item 101-262-751-001 for Office Supplies/Equipment from $7,950 to $15,000.
B. Increase line item 101-262-901-001 for Application Postage from $4,650 to $8,000.
C. Increase line item 101-262-901-002 for Ballot Postage from $4,650 to $6,000.
7. Ratification of the Township Supervisor signing and delegating to the Township Manager the authority to sign all documents to complete the acquisition of parcels 4711-14-300-018; 4711-14-400-006; 4711-23-100-001; and 4711-23-100-002.
8. Request for approval of the 2024 Township Schedule of Meetings and Holiday Schedule.
9. Request for approval of Resolution 231106 to establish the 2023 Regular Meeting Dates for the Board of Trustees. (roll call)
10. Request for amendment to the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget for Fund 202 – SAD Roads and Lakes to increase the Homestead Road annual maintenance expenses line item #202-478-802-000 from $6,100 to $13,508 for one-time culvert removal and repair.
11. Review of Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Second Quarter budget to actual report.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.