October 2, 2023
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
October 2, 2023
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: October 2, 2023
2. Request to approve September 18, 2023 regular meeting minutes.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
3. Request for approval and adoption of Resolution No. 231002 to commend, honor and appreciate Jim Mortensen for his over 27 years of astute public service to the citizens of Genoa Charter Township. (roll call)
4. Consideration of amendments to the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget for Fund 202 – “SAD Roads and Lakes” to create a new Department #496 with associated appropriation line item 202-496-801-075 in the amount of $369,000 for the Crystal Valley Special Assessment project.
5. Consideration of amendments to the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget to adjust Fund 208 – “Parks and Recreation” for the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Acquisition Grant to reduce the revenue in fund 208-000-699-249 from $300,000 to $138,000 and to increase appropriation line item 208-536-972-100 from $600,000 to $681,000.
6. Request for approval of the closed session minutes from September 18, 2023.
a. If necessary, consider motion to enter into closed session under the Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.268(h) to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute. (roll call)
b. Consider motion to adjourn the closed session and reconvene in open session. (roll call)
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.