August 21, 2023
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
August 21, 2023
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: August 21, 2023
2. Request to approve August 7, 2023 regular meeting minutes.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
3. Public Hearing on the proposed Crystal Valley Subdivision Road Improvement Special Assessment Project (Summer Tax 2024).
A. Call to the Property Owners
B. Call to the Public
4. Request for approval of Resolution #3 Approving the Project Cost Estimates, Special Assessment District and causing the Special Assessment Roll to be prepared for the Crystal Valley Subdivision Road Improvement Special Assessment Project (Summer Tax 2024). (Roll Call)
5. Request for approval of Resolution #4 Acknowledging the filing of the Special Assessment Roll, Scheduling the Second Hearing for September 18, 2023, and Directing the Issuance of Statutory Notices for the Crystal Valley Subdivision Road Improvement Special Assessment Project (Summer Tax 2024). (Roll Call)
6. Consideration of recommendations for approval of a special use application, environmental impact assessment and sketch plan to allow for used vehicle sales. The property in question is located at 7949 Grand River Avenue, located west of Hacker Road. The request is petitioned by Aric Wilson.
A. Disposition of Special Use Application
B. Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment (7-19-23)
C. Disposition of Sketch Plan (7-19-23)
7. Presentation and request to receive and place on file the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Township Audit as presented by Maner Costerisan.
8. Request from the Township Clerk for approval of the July 20, 2023 recommendations of the Election Commission for the following:
A. Approval of workers for the November 7, 2023 Howell Schools Special Election.
B. Approval of the combination of Polling Precincts and Polling Places for elections scheduled in 2024.
C. Approval of per diems and hourly rates for temporary election officials.
D. Approval to conduct early voting elections for the 2024 election season at the Genoa Township Hall.
9. Request for approval of Resolution #5B to amend Resolution #5 for the Pine Creek Ridge Road Improvement Special Assessment District to levy the project on the Summer 2024 tax bill rather than the Winter 2023 tax and to extend the interest free pre-payment period from September 14, 2023 to March 1, 2024 for the Pine Creek Ridge Road Improvement Special Assessment District. (Roll Call)
10. Consideration of a recommendation for approval and adoption of Ordinance number Z-23-03 to amend Zoning Ordinance Article 11, Section 11.06 entitled “Solar Energy Systems”. (Roll Call)
11. Discussion and review of Waste Management contract renewal.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.