June 19, 2023
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
June 19, 2023
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: June 19, 2023
2. Request to approve June 5, 2023 regular meeting minutes.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
3. Request for approval of a fireworks display on Lake Chemung on July 1, 2023 as submitted by Chris Bonk.
4. Request to approve the Lake Edgewood Consolidation Project and amend the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Budget for General Fund 101 and American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Fund 464 as follows:
A. Fund 464 - Eliminate the allocation for “Additional Recycling Expenses”, Line Item 464-521-802-000 and to dedicate all remaining unallocated ARPA funds which is currently projected to be $531,621 to the Lake Edgewood Consolidation project new line item 464-261-803-001.
B. Fund 101 - Amend the General Fund 101 budget to eliminate the revenue for Line Item 101-000-699-464 “transfer in from ARPA Fund #464”.
C. Approve the Lake Edgewood Conversion Engineering Design & Permitting Phase Proposal from Tetra Tech dated June 14, 2023 with costs not to exceed $64,000.
5. Request to approve water rate adjustments in response to the City of Brighton’s revised fee schedule effective July 1, 2023 as recommended by the accountants and Utility Director as follows:
A. Increase the Lake Edgewood North Star (Conference Center Drive) Quarterly Water Fee to $7.66 / 1,000 gallons from $7.06 / 1,000 gallons;
B. Increase the Lake Edgewood Other Quarterly water fee to $7.34 / 1,000 gallons from $6.76 / 1,000 gallons;
C. Hold the applicable Brighton City water connection fee at $2,802 per REU and the sewer connection at $7,198 per REU.
6. Request to approve the proposal with BS&A Software dated June 5, 2023 for Software and Services associated with BSA Cloud Upgrade as budgeted in Fund 101-261-751-000.
7. Request to approve a professional services proposal from Lindhout Associates architects dated June 1, 2023 for architectural and planning services related to security upgrades to the Boardroom at the Township Hall for an amount not to exceed $5,750 from Fund 249-265-981-008.
8. Request to approve a professional services proposal from Lindhout Associates architects dated June 1, 2023 for architectural and planning services related to park planning and parking lot expansion options at the Township Hall for an amount not to exceed $3,680 from Fund 208-751-934-006.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.