January 23, 2023
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
January 23, 2023
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: January 23, 2023
2. Request to approve December 5, 2022 regular meeting minutes
3. Request to appoint Joann Fellwock as an alternate to the Board of Review for a term ending December 31, 2024.
4. Request approval to enter into agreements to collect 2023 summer property taxes for the Brighton Area Schools, Hartland Consolidated Schools, Howell Public Schools, and the Livingston Educational Service Agency as submitted by the Township Treasurer.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
5. Request for approval of Resolution #1 (to proceed with the project and direct preparation of the plans and cost estimates) for the McNamara Subdivision Road Improvement Project. (Roll Call)
6. Request for approval of Resolution #2 (to approve the project, schedule the first hearing, and direct issuance of statutory notices) for the McNamara Subdivision Road Improvement Project. (Roll Call)
7. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of special use application, environmental impact assessment and site plan for the storage of hazardous materials for Bottcher Systems located at 1349 Grand Oaks Drive, south of Grand River Avenue and North of I-96 on the east side of Grand Oaks. The request is petitioned by Bottcher America.
A. Disposition of Special Use Application.
B. Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment (dated 1-11-23)
C. Disposition of Site Plan (dated 8-1-22)
8. Consider request to modify the March 15, 2012 Settlement Agreement between the Township and Paul Lalewicz for Case No. 11-26089-CEW as requested by Paul Lalewicz.
9. Consideration of a request to approve an addendum to the Agreement with Howell Public Schools for the construction of the Senior Survivor Park, to increase the contribution from the Township from $139,300 to $351,080.14 and to amend the FY 22/23 budget.
A. Approval of the “Addendum to Agreement for Construction of Survivor Park” which has a fiscal impact of increasing the Township’s contribution to the project from $139,300 to $351,080.14 to be reflected in the fiscal year 2023/2024 budget.
B. Increase the 2022/2023 Fiscal Year budget for the “Senior Survivor Park Project” revenue line item 208-000-668-001 in Fund 208, Dept. 000 Parks and Recreation Revenue from $462,069.00 to $462,919.86.
10. Consideration of amendments to the Fiscal Year 2022/2023 Budget as follows:
A. Add new line item number 101-261-802-001 to Fund 101, Department 261 – Unallocated, for “Twp. Vehicle Expenses” with a budget amount of $2,000.
B. Add new line item number 202-478-802-000 to Fund 202, Department 478 – SAD Roads and Lakes for the Homestead Road Project, “Annual Maintenance Expenses” with a budget amount of $6,100.
C. Increase “Engineering Review Services” line item 101-701-946-002 in Fund 101, Department 701 – Planning and Zoning from $20,000 to $28,000.
11. Consideration of a request to rescind Resolution 221121 related to the censure of the Clerk as requested by Paulette Skolarus. (Roll Call)
12. Request for review and consideration for approval of Agenda Management and Minutes Policy and Travel and Mileage Expenses Policy.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.