November 7, 2022
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
November 7, 2022
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills: November 7, 2022
2. Request to approve October 17, 2022 regular meeting and October 26, 2022 special meeting minutes
3. Request to amend the Board of Review, Refunds and Chargebacks Budget (101-247-964-000) from $2000.00 to $5000.00.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
4. Request for approval of the proposed 2023 employee benefits as presented by Human Resources Manager, Kim Lane.
5. Presentation and request to receive the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Township Audit as presented by Maner Costerisan.
6. Request for approval of the proposed 2023 Howell Area Parks and Recreation Authority budget presented by Tim Church, HAPRA Director.
7. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of a special use application, environmental impact assessment and site plan for a proposed 3,750 sq. ft. office building with outdoor storage located at 1247 Fendt Drive, north of Grand Oaks Drive. The request is petitioned by Al Halliday, A & J Cartage.
8. Request for introduction of the proposed rezoning ordinance number Z-22-03 and to set the meeting date for the purpose of considering the proposed ordinance for adoption before the Township Board on Monday, November 21, 2022. The request is to rezone approximately 52 acres from the Neighborhood Service District, Medium Density Residential district and the Town Center Overlay district to Residential Planned Unit Development. The property consists of two vacant parcels with a combined total of approximately 52 acres with parcel ID numbers 4711-11-300-014 and 4711-14-100-002 located at the southeast corner of Grand River and Dorr Road.
9. Request for approval to appoint Kelly VanMarter as the FOIA Coordinator for the remainder of the current term, to re-appoint Diana Lowe to the Planning Commission with a term ending 11/20/23, to re-appoint Jean Ledford to the Zoning Board of Appeals with a term ending 11/20/23 and to re-appoint Chris Grajek, Ron Matkin, Marianne McCreary, and Lindsay MacFarlane (alternate) to the Board of Review with terms ending 12/31/24 as recommended by the Township Supervisor.
10. Request for discussion regarding re-negotiating the Settlement Agreement associated with a Consent Order for Case No. ll-26089-CE, Genoa Charter Township vs Paul Lalewicz.
11. Request for discussion regarding Township contributions to the Senior Survivor playground project.
12. Request for approval of the closed session minutes from October 26, 2022.
a. If necessary, consider motion to enter into closed session under the Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.268(h) to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute. (roll call, requires 2/3 vote)
b. Consider motion to adjourn the closed session and reconvene in open session. (roll call)
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.