September 19, 2022
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
September 19, 2022
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
1. Payment of Bills: August 15, 2022
2. Request to approve Minutes: August 15, 2022 and August 22, 2022
3. Request to amend FY 2022/2023 budget as recommended by the Election Commission.
4. Request to amend the Assessing Department’s Board of Review Publications Budget (101-247-791-000) from $500.00 to $750.00.
5. Request to accept a proposal from Concrete Construction for sidewalk and curb repair at a cost not to exceed $7,239.86.
6. Request to approve an increase from $300.00 to $500.00 for the Life Insurance Allowance for four contracted employees.
7. Request to formally accept the resignation of Township Manager Michael Archinal with his last day in the office as October 14, 2022.
8. Request to approve the promotion of Kelly VanMarter to Township Manager per the attached employment contract.
9. Request to approve the promotion of Amy Ruthig to Planning Director per the attached employment contract.
10. Consideration of amendments to the Fiscal Year 2022/2023 Budget to increase Fund 208 Parks and Recreation, Line Item 208-751-934-010 for basketball area ADA compliant benches, picnic tables and associated concrete work from $17,000 to $44,200.
11. Consideration of amendments to the Fiscal Year 2022/2023 Budget to increase Fund 249 Building and Grounds, Line Item 249-265-981-002 for Township Hall parking lot lighting replacement from $55,000 to $155,000.
12. Request to modify the Township’s participation in the subdivision roads special assessments from 25% or $1,000 per home (whichever is less) to $25% or $1,500 per home.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.