March 21, 2022
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
Regular Meeting and Public Hearing
March 21, 2022
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
1. Payment of Bills: March 21, 2022
2. Request to approve Minutes: March 7, 2022
3. Request for approval of a high-speed voting tabulator in the amount of $92,695, service and maintenance agreement for five years beginning in year 2027-2032 at $40,550.00 and a high-speed automatic envelope opener at $2,920.00 with FORMAX using federal and state grant funding under ARPA at the recommendation of County Clerk Elizabeth Hundley and Township Clerk Polly Skolarus.
4. Request from Paulette Skolarus at the suggestion of the Livingston County Clerk’s Office to change Precinct 13 to Precinct 12. In 2019, Precinct 12 was combined with Precinct 7 thus leaving Precinct Numbers not consecutive. Only Precinct numbers will change, not polling locations.
5. Public Hearing for the Homestead Drive Road Improvement Special Assessment Project (Summer 2022).
A. Call to the Property Owners
B. Call to the Public
6. Request for approval of Resolution #3 [approving the project cost estimates, special assessment district and causing the special assessment roll to be prepared] for the Homestead Drive Road Improvement Special Assessment Project. (Summer 2022). Roll Call
7. Request for approval of Resolution #4 [acknowledging the filing of the special assessment roll, scheduling the second hearing, and directing the issuance of statutory notices for the Homestead Drive Road Improvement Special Assessment Project (Summer 2022). Roll Call
8. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of a special use application, environmental impact assessment and site plan for a proposed climate-controlled indoor commercial storage business located at 2630 E. Grand River Avenue, south side of Grand River, east of Chilson Road. The request is petitioned by Schafer Construction, Inc.
- Disposition of Special Use Application
- Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment (2-24-22)
- Disposition of Site Plan (2-24-22)
9. Request for approval of a general appropriations act for funds 101, 202, 208, 212, 249, 401, 464, 532, and 860 for FY 2022-2023 starting April 1, 2022 and ending March 31, 2023. (Roll Call)
10. Request for approval of a contract with the Livingston County Road Commission for limestone resurfacing on King Road from the end of the pavement to Richardson Road at a cost of $140,000.
11. Request to approve the proposal from Omni Tech Spaces for the purchase of a new Board Room visual display system for $62, 283.00.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.