February 21, 2022
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
February 21, 2022
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person) *:
1. Payment of Bills: February 21, 2022
2. Request to approve Minutes: February 7, 2022
3. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of a special use application, environmental impact assessment and site plan for a commercial stable located at 7318 Herbst Road, south side of Herbst Road, east of Hubert Road. The request is petitioned by the Nancy Merlo, Brighton Equestrian Club.
A. Disposition of Special Use Application
B. Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment (1-21-22)
C. Disposition of Site Plan (11-5-21)
4. Consideration of a request for approval of the audit services proposal from Maner Costerisan on November 12, 2021 for Fiscal Years ending March 31, 2022 through 2026.
5. Consideration of Human Resources request for approval of new salary ranges and compensation strategy for Fiscal Year 2022/2023 as presented by the Human Resources manager.
A. Consider approval of Salary Ranges.
B. Consider approval of the 2022/2023 Compensation Strategy.
6. Consideration of DPW Department request for approval of Allocation Percentage, Resolution 220221 approving sanitary sewer operations of the Howell Township Wastewater System, Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Amended Budget and Fiscal Year 2022/2023 Operating Budget.
A. Consider approval of the 2022/2023 Allocation Percentage for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2023.
B. Consider approval of Resolution 220221 approving sanitary sewer operations of the Howell Township Wastewater System. (Roll Call)
C. Consider approval of the amended 2021/2022 DPW Department Budget for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2022
D. Consider approval of the 2022/2023 DPW Department Budget for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2023.
7. Consideration of DPW Department request for approval of budget and rate approvals for the Lake Edgewood Sanitary Sewer System, the Oak Pointe Water System, and the Oak Pointe Sanitary Sewer System.
A. Consider approval of amendment to the Fiscal Year 2022 Budgets and approve the Fiscal Year 2023 Operating Budgets for the Lake Edgewood Sewer System, the Oak Pointe Sewer System and the Oak Pointe Water System.
B. Consider approval of an increase to the Lake Edgewood Sewer metered charges from $6.95/1,000 gallons to $7.30 / 1,000 gallons and the flat rate sewer charge from $136 / quarter to $142.80 / quarter, and to also set the minimum sewer bill at the current metered rate multiplied by 9,000 gallons for usage equal to or under 9,000 gallons. All other rates and charges will remain the same
C. Consider approval of an increase to the Oak Pointe metered water charges from $3.95/1,000 gallons to $4.07 /1,000 gallons. All other rates and charges will remain the same.
D. Consider approval to set the Oak Pointe minimum sewer bill at the current metered rate multiplied by 9,000 gallons for any usage equal to or under 9,000 gallons for a quarter. All other rates and charges will remain the same.
8. Presentation of 2022-2027 Capital Improvement Plan by the Township Manager.
9. First draft review of the General Fund Budget (Fund 101) related to the Fiscal Year beginning April 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.