October 4, 2021
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
October 4, 2021
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
1. Payment of Bills: October 4, 2021
2. Request to Approve Minutes: September 20, 2021
3. Presentation by Don Root regarding the Big Red Barrel.
4. Consideration of request for approval and adoption of Ordinance Number Z-21-01 regarding Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments to Article 11 entitled “General Provisions” and Article 25 entitled “Definitions”. (roll call vote)
5. Consideration of an approval recommendation for a proposed amendment to the Lorentzen Planned Unit Development (PUD) agreement with corresponding environmental impact assessment dated June 11, 2021 and site plan dated August 24, 2021 for a proposed drive-through Lefty’s Cheesesteak restaurant located at 4173 E. Grand River, Howell. The request is petitioned by Howell Grand Plaza LLC.
6. Consideration of an approval recommendation for a proposed amendment to the Grand River/Lawson Planned Unit Development (PUD) agreement with corresponding environmental impact assessment dated August 25, 2021 and site plan dated August 24, 2021 to allow for a drive-through car wash. The proposed project is located on the vacant northeast corner of Grand River and Lawson Drive including parcels 4711-09-200-039, 040, and 041. The request is petitioned by ROC Wash Holdings, LLC.
7. Request to authorize the Township Manager to execute a contract with Dunnigan Brothers in the amount of $26,128 for the paving of State Street between Dillon and Seventh.
8. Request to enter into closed session to discuss Attorney Client communication pursuant to 15.268(h).
9. Request to enter into closed session to discuss trial strategy in the case of CHI vs. Genoa Township (Case No. 21-cv-11303) and Genoa Township vs CHI (Case No. 21-31255-CZ) pursuant to ACL 15.268(e).
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.