May 3, 2021
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
Regular Meeting/Public Hearing - Virtual
May 3, 2021
Due to Michigan Department of Health and Human Services requirements and by local declaration of emergency, this meeting will be held virtually. The public may participate in the meeting/public hearing through Zoom access by computer and smart phone. A link will be posted at genoa.org. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (810) 227-5225 if you have questions.
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
1. Payment of Bills: April 5, 2021, April 19, 2021 and May 3, 2021
2. Request to Approve Minutes: March 15, 2021, March 29, 2021, April 5, 2021 and April 19, 2021
3. Request from the Township Supervisor for Resolution 210503A declaring a State of Emergency in Genoa Charter Township to allow virtual meetings to comply with the Open Meetings Act. (Roll Call Vote)
4. Request for approval of an Engineering Design Proposal from Tetra Tech for road and storm sewer improvements on Kellogg Road in the amount of $22,000.
5. Request for approval of an Engineering Design Proposal from Tetra Tech for the installation of a turn lane at the Township Hall in the amount of $4,000.
6. Request for approval to allow for payment for the criminal defense of the Clerk with regard to Livingston County Board of Canvassers review of Absent Voter Counting Board No. 2 on Nov. 9, 2020.
7. Consideration of a special use application, environmental impact assessment and site plan for a proposed 6,090 sq. ft. church with accessory outdoor uses including Grotto and Stations of the Cross. The property in question is located at 3280 Chilson Road on the west side of Chilson Road, south of Crooked Lake Road. The request is petitioned by Catholic Healthcare International.
A. Disposition of Special Use Application
B. Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment (2-16-21)
C. Disposition of Site Plan (3-25-21)
8. Consideration of Resolution 210503B supporting and authorizing the 2021 Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Acquisition Grant application for the project entitled “Genoa Township Park Expansion” for acquisition of land adjacent to the existing Township Park consisting of approximately 90 acres of property (parcel ID#s 4711-14-300-018, 4711-14-400-006 and 4711-23-100-001) located along the north and south sides of Crooked Lake Road, south/southwest of I-96, east of Dorr Road, and north of Challis Road. (Roll Call Vote)
9. Consideration of Resolution 210503C to endorse the application of Sun Sylvan Glen LLC to continue the operation, maintenance, and administrative responsibilities for the drinking water system at Sylvan Glen Estates. (Roll Call Vote)
10. Request for approval of a preliminary condominium site plan extension for Pine Summit.
11. Request to approve the Assessor’s affidavit of the 2021 millage levies for the Township establishing the millage rate at 0.7855. (Roll Call Vote)
12. Discussion regarding Township Board Minutes and online posting procedures as requested by Township Treasurer, Robin Hunt.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.