February 17, 2020
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
Regular Meeting and Public Hearing
February 17, 2020
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: February 3, 2020
Approval of Regular Agenda:
3. Request for approval of the following budgets and rates for the Lake Edgewood Sewer, Oak Pointe Water and Oak Pointe Sanitary Sewer as recommended by the utility director:
A. Request to amend the Fiscal Year 2020 and approve the Fiscal Year 2021 Operating Budgets for the Lake Edgewood Sewer System, Oak Pointe Sewer System and the Oak Pointe Water System.
B. Request to increase the Oak Pointe metered water charges from $3.80/1,000 gallons to $3.90/1,000 gallons.
C. Request to increase the Oak Pointe Sewer metered charge from $6.22/1,000 gallons to $6.25/1,000 gallons, and to increase from $40 to $45/quarter for Grinder Pump Maintenance for a total charge of $140/quarter.
4. Request for approval of the Utility Department amended budget for Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2020 and the proposed budget for Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2021 at the recommendation of the utility director.
5. Request for approval of Project Agreement with the Livingston County Road Commission for the installation of approximately 8,655 feet of crushed limestone on Herbst Road from the end of the pavement to Grand River at a cost not to exceed $150,000.
6. Request for approval of a lease extension for the Genoa Township athletic fields by Howell Area Parks and Recreation.
7. Request for approval of contracts for the installation of two basketball courts at Genoa Park for the cost of $105,767.80.
8. Discussion regarding a new LED sign at the entrance of the Genoa Township Hall driveway off Dorr Road.
9. Discussion of the proposed budget for the Fiscal Year 2020/2021.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.