May 20, 2019
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
Regular Meeting and Public Hearing
May 20, 2019
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: May 6, 2019
3. Request for approval of a fireworks display on Lake Chemung on June 29, 2019 as submitted by Chris Bonk.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
4. Request to approve a resolution requesting aid from the Legal Defense Fund of the Michigan Townships Association in the form of an amicus brief filed in the Michigan Tax Tribunal Court as recommended by the Assessor.
5. Request to set the 2019 Genoa Township Millage Rate at .7990 in order to calculate the 2019 Winter Tax Rate at the direction of the Township Assessor. (Roll Call vote required.)
6. Request for acceptance of Dean Tengel’s resignation, approval of the reappointment of Planning Commission members Jeff Dhaenens and Eric Rauch with terms expiring June 30, 2022 and the appointment of Zoning Board of Appeals member Michelle Kreutzberg [from alternate member to permanent member] as recommended by Supervisor Bill Rogers.
7. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of an amendment to a previously approved final condominium site plan and environmental impact assessment for a proposed 15-unit, single family site condominium located north of Cunningham Lake Road and west of Sundance Trail, known as Mountain Top Estates. The request is petitioned by Mountain Top Estates, LLC.
A. Disposition of amended Environmental Impact Assessment dated April 5, 2019
B. Disposition of amended Final Condominium Site Plan dated April 5, 2019
8. Request to introduce and schedule the first reading on proposed ordinance number Z-19-02, a text amendment to the minimum lot area requirement in the UR district within Article 3 and to set the second reading, public hearing and consideration for adoption before the Township Board on Monday, June 3rd, 2019 for the purpose of considering the proposed zoning map amendment.
10. Discussion regarding green burials.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.