March 4, 2019
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
March 4, 2019
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: February 18, 2019
3. Consider approval of a notice of Special Election as requested by the Township Clerk.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
4. Third review of budgets related to Funds 101, 212, 261, 264, 270, and 271 for the fiscal year beginning April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020 as submitted by Skolarus.
A. Consider approval of Livingston County Road Commission Pavement Management Program projects as recommended by the Township Manager.
B. Direct the Township Clerk to publish the statutory notice for F.Y. 2019/2020 Budgets.
5. Recommendation by Dr. Greg Tatara regarding the Lake Edgewood and Oak Pointe Sewer and Water Systems.
A. Request to amend the operating budgets for Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2019 for the Lake
Edgewood Sewer System, the Oak Pointe Sewer System and the Oak Pointe Water System.
B. Request to approve the Budget for the Fiscal Year beginning April 1, 2019, and ending March 31, 2020 for the Lake Edgewood Sewer System, the Oak Pointe Sewer System and the Oak Pointe Water System.
C. Request to approve an increase to the Oak Pointe Metered water charge from $3.62/1,000 gallons to $3.80/1,000 gallons beginning May 1, 2019.
D. Request to increase the Oak Pointe Sewer metered charge from $5.98/1,000 gallons to $6.22/1,000 gallons, and to increase the flat sewer rate charge to include $95/quarter for Operations and Maintenance and $40/quarter for grinder pump maintenance to a total charge of $135 per quarter beginning May 1, 2019.
6. Request for approval of other amendments as submitted by Utility Department Director Greg Tatara.
A. Request for approval of the 2019-2020 System Labor and Equipment Percentage Allocation.
B. Request to amend the Utility Department Budget for Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2019.
C. Request to approve the proposed Utility Department Budget for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2020.
7. Request to authorize the Utility Department Director to purchase the necessary vehicles as budgeted to maintain the Utility Department Fleet, to purchase the new wide format plotter and to contract for the engineer position on a part-time basis with Tetra Tech.
8. Consideration of a recommendation for approval of a special land use, site plan and environmental impact assessment for a proposed 25-unit site condominium with a special land use to allow for grading within the 25-foot natural features setback. The property in question is located on approximately 61 acres involving parcels 11-33-400-003 and 11-34-300-005 on the east side of Chilson Road, south of Brighton Road along the southern Township boundary with Hamburg Township. The request is petitioned by Chestnut Development LLC.
A. Disposition of Special Land Use Application
B. Disposition of Environmental Impact Assessment
C. Disposition of Final Condominium Site Plan
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.