May 1, 2017
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
May 1, 2017
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: April 17, 2017
3. Request for approval of $3,000 payable to the County for match assistance for the Land and Water Conservation Grant for Phase I funding of Filmore County Park.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
4. Public hearing on the Lake Chemung Aquatic Weed Control Special Assessment Project Winter 2017.
A. Call to Property Owners
B. Call to the Public
5. Request for approval of Resolution No. 3 [approved the project, cost estimates, special assessment district, and causing he special assessment roll to be prepared] for the Lake Chemung Aquatic Weed Control Project Winter 2017.
6. Request for approval of Resolution No. 4 [acknowledging the filing of the special assessment roll, scheduling the second hearing, and directing the issuance of statutory notices] for the Lake Chemung Aquatic Weed Control Project Winter 2017.
7. Request for approval of a Class C Liquor license [under Michigan Liquor Control Code 1998 Act 58 Section 436.1513a] for Cleary University’s Johnson Center as requested by Jeffrey Bane, Dean of Hospitality at Cleary University.
8. Consider a request for relief for a second lot at 830 Sunrise Park for the Sunrise Park Road Paving Special Assessment District (2016).
9. Request for review of Fourth Amended Articles of Incorporation for the Howell Area Parks and Recreation Authority.
10. Discussion of proposed Mountain Road improvements with payment due on the Winter 2017 tax bills and construction to be completed in 2018.
11 Request for approval of Resolution No. 170501 authorizing the Genoa Charter Township Clerk to sign the grant agreement with the Michigan Department of State for the purchase of new voting equipment utilizing Federal HAVA and State appropriated funding.
12. Request to enter into closed session to discuss pending litigation pursuant to MCL 15.268 § 8 (e).
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.