February 6, 2017
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
February 6, 2017
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: January 3, 2017 and January 30, 2017
3. Request to amend the personnel policy:
A. To allow for a longevity bonus of $1,250 with 25 years of service.
B. A new lunch break policy as recommended by Kim Lane (Human Resources).
4. Request for approval to enter into agreements to collect 2017 summer property taxes with Brighton Area Schools, Hartland Consolidated Schools, Howell Public Schools and the Livingston Educational Service Agency as submitted by the Township Treasurer.
5. Request to amend the Grand Beach Weed Control Special Assessment District, District Code X1101, to remove parcel #4711-14-401-005 levied in error as submitted by the Township Treasurer.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
6. Discussion of a zoning change request from Dewey Thomas regarding property he owns at Chilson and Brighton roads.
7. Request for approval of an updated water and sanitary sewer utility study for the Genoa South Latson Area from Tetra Tech in an amount not to exceed $6,500.
8. First review of all budgets for the Fiscal Year beginning April 1, 2017 and ending March 31, 2018.
9. Request for an amendment to Budgets 101, 261, 264, and 271 for Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2017.
10. Request to increase the refuse collection fee for the Winter 2017 tax bill.
11. Discussion regarding Livingston County Road Commission Primary Pavement Preservation Program related to budgets.
12. Request for a resolution supporting the Fowlerville Area Rural Broadband Initiative.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.