March 21, 2016
Regular Meeting Meeting Agenda
GENOA CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
March 21, 2016
Regular Meeting and Public Hearing
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Call to the Public (Public comment will be limited to two minutes per person)*:
Approval of Consent Agenda:
1. Payment of Bills.
2. Request to Approve Minutes: March 7, 2016
3. Request to approve the purchase of the Utility Billing Module and associated services from BS&A using the available surplus funds from the Fiscal Year DPW Budget as recommended by the Utility Director.
4. Request for approval of a contract agreement with the Livingston County Road Commission for the Sundance Road Improvement Project in an amount not to exceed $252,000, as previously approved by petition and resolution of the Township Board.
Approval of Regular Agenda:
5. Request for approval of a rezoning (Ordinance Z-16-01) involving 27.80 acres of land located on the east side of Chilson Road south of Grand River on parcel 4711-06-400-015. The application is petitioned by The Lockwood Companies and the requested rezoning is from Medium Density Residential (MDR) to High Density Residential (HDR).
- Approval and adoption of Ordinance Z-16-01. (ROLL CALL)
6. Request for consideration regarding the abandoned and dangerous building located at 4815 Richardson Road.
7. Request for approval of a three-year lease agreement with the Howell Area Parks & Recreation Authority for the use of the Township athletic fields.
8. Consider a request from the Howell Area Parks & Recreation Authority to approve language for a .75-mil recreation millage on the August 2, 2016 ballot.
9. Request to approve a Refuse Removal and Recycling Services Contract with Duncan Disposal.
10. Consider approval of refuse collection fee changes for FY 2016/2017
11. Request for approval of an amendment to the Building Reserve/Cemetery Fund 271 for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2016.
12. Request for approval of the General Fund Budget Fund 101.
A. Call to the Public.
B. Consideration of salaries for elected officials.
C. Disposition of General Fund Budget 101.
13. Request for approval of budgets related to Township Funds 212, 260, 264, 270 and 271 for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2017.
14. Request for approval of the following debt service fund budgets for the Fiscal Year ending March 31, 2017: 852, 857-859, 862, 870, 872, 873 and 875 as provided by Treasurer Hunt.
A. Call to the public.
B. Disposition of budgets as requested.
15. Review of a draft satellite Smart Zone Designation Approval Application.
*Citizen’s Comments- In addition to providing the public with an opportunity to address the Township Board at the beginning of the meeting, opportunity to comment on individual agenda items may be offered by the Chairman as they are presented.