In 1985 Robin began her employment at Genoa Township doing the bookkeeping and voter registration for the Clerk's office. She was later named Deputy Clerk and remained in that position until November 1992 when she was elected Township Treasurer. After the unfortunate death of the current Treasurer, Margaret Park, the Livingston County Republican Party voted to place Robin’s name on the November ballot to replace Margaret Park, where she ran unopposed for the position. In 2020 Robin was re-elected by the voters of Genoa Township to her eighth 4-year term.
Robin is currently serving on the following boards and committees:
- Voting member of the Genoa Township Board, Meetings are held the 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month.
- Township Board appointed member and Treasurer for the Genoa Oceola Sewer Authority.
- Township Board appointed member and Treasurer for the Marion, Howell, Oceola & Genoa Water Authority.
- Assistant Treasurer for the Brighton Area Fire Authority.
- Has held several Board positions and is an active member of the Livingston County Treasurer’s Association.
As your Township Treasurer my duties include, but are not limited to; Collection of real and personal property taxes, keeping an account of Township receipts (revenues) and expenditures, overseeing special assessments, issuing Township checks, depositing Township revenues in approved depositories, investing Township funds in approved investment vehicles, collection of delinquent personal property taxes, responsible for jeopardy assessments regarding the collection of property taxes, and collection of mobile home specific tax. The Treasurer’s office is also responsible for collecting and balancing all sewer & water payments made at the Township.
Robin was married in 1986 to Thomas Hunt. Tom worked for Grundy Ace Hardware from 1980-2016 and was the retail manager for their store located in Howell. In September 2016 Tom lost his battle with Esophageal Cancer. She has two adult children and three grandchildren.